(1) Accountability Courts integrate alcohol and other drug treatment services with justice system
(2) Using a non-adversarial approach, prosecution and defense counsel promote public safety while
protecting participants’; due process rights.
(3) Eligible participants are identified early and promptly placed into the drug court program.
(4) Drug Courts provide access to a continuum of alcohol, drug and other related treatment and
(5) Abstinence is monitored by frequent alcohol and other drug testing
(6) A coordinated strategy governs drug court responses to participants’ compliance.
(7) Ongoing judicial interaction with drug court participant is essential.
(8) Monitoring and evaluation measure the achievement of program goals and gauge effectiveness.
(9) Continuing interdisciplinary education promotes effective drug court planning, implementation and
(10) Forging partnerships among drug courts, public agencies and community-based organizations
generates local support and enhances drug court program effectiveness.